Caring for People Who Care for People
This interactive workshop will transform the way you envision and provide clinical supervision for therapists working with children. Much more than a license requirement, effective supervision can nurture a therapist’s personal capacity to grow and thrive in a high-stakes field – all while elevating the quality of care provided to clients. Capped at 10 attendees to ensure maximum customization, sessions will enable participants to: reconnect with their purpose as clinical supervisors, integrate self-care and resiliency principles into their approach, and optimize session structure and collaboration to maximize value for supervisees.
Participant Learning Objectives
- Understand the value of clinical supervision in maximizing therapists’ skills and experiences.
- Explore and adopt best practices in quality group and individual supervision.
- Identify common sources of stress for play therapists, along with personal triggers for compassion fatigue and burnout.
- Develop a personalized philosophy for clinical supervision to help guide session planning, energy, and interactions.
- Cultivate collaborative partnerships with supervisees to design customized programs that meet specific, individual needs.
- Leverage play therapy tools, resources, and exercises to help supervisees develop self-care regimens that promote resiliency.
- Ideal for Clinical Supervisors, especially those focused on Play Therapy
- Introductory level course
- Cost $150
- This workshop meets the qualifications for 6 hours of continuing education as required by the Association for Play Therapy (APT)